Did you anytime hear about the Github Student Developer pack? It has many free softwares. It can also enable you to make your own blogging website for free. Let’s see what the Github Student Developer Pack is.
What is Github Student Developer Pack?
Github Student Developer Pack, also called Github Student pack is a package of many free softwares and services given to Students by Github Education. Github believes that hands-on experience can’t be replaced.
But many real-world softwares are costly. So, Github offers many services and services for free for students. You can’t claim these services and softwares until you are a member of the Github Student Developer Pack.
There is a process to claim all the softwares and services offered in Github Student Developer Pack. You need to prove yourself as a real, studying student. To prove yourself, you have to apply for Github Student Developer Pack.
Let’s see how to apply for Github Student Developer Pack.
How to apply for Github Student Developer Pack?
- You should have Github Account.
- Your age should be above 13 years.
- You should be currently studying at any college, high school, secondary school, university, or educational institution that grants a degree or diploma course.
- All schools issue a certified email address to every student. If you have an email issued by a school or college or any other educational institution, then you are good to go.
- Even if you don’t have an email address issued by your educational institution, there is a trick for getting this pack. But, you need to prove yourself as a student. So, you can submit your ID card or Progress Card etc…
Even my school didn’t issue any email addresses. But I submitted my ID card as proof. Within 24 hours, my account was approved. Also, make sure that the images of your proof should be clear and readable.
- Go to Github Education
- Click on “Sign up for Student Developer Pack”
- Scroll Down and click on “Get Student Benefits”
- Login to Github Education using your Github account
- Submit the email issued by your school or documents
After 2-7 days, you will get an email to your email registered with Github. It will inform you about the status of your Github Student Developer Pack. That email will look like this.
Benefits of Github Student Developer Pack
If your Github Student Developer Pack is confirmed, you will get the following benefits.
- Your Github account will be upgraded to Github Pro account for free.
- Free “.me” domain from namecheap. You can create a website for free using it. Know more
- You can upgrade your Github account to a Github Pro Account for free
- You will get free Microsoft Azure Credits worth $200.
- Free access to Bootstrap studio premium for 1 year
There are many other benefits of the Github student developer pack. It is impossible to list them here. So, you can find them here.
Learn about how to create a website with a custom domain using Github Student Developer Pack for free here.
Share with your friends : )