If you have created a blogger website, you have to submit the ” sitemap.xml ” file also called sitemap to Google. Submitting a sitemap helps you to rank on Google or any other search engine.
But submitting sitemap.xml, especially for a website made on Blogger is very tedious. For WordPress, you can use various plugins like Yoast SEO to submit your sitemap.
Blogger doesn’t allow any plugins. So, it is not that easy to submit sitemap.xml for a Blogger site. But I am going to tell you a method, using which you can generate and submit a sitemap.xml file for your Blogger website.
This method is free and no plugins are required. So, let’s submit a sitemap file for your Blogger website.
What is sitemap XML
Before submitting the sitemap, we need to know about the sitemap and why should we submit it.
“sitemap.xml” also called “sitemap” is a page with links to all the posts on your website. It is meant to be used by search engines to find out more about the content on your website.
Search engines like Google use the sitemap.xml file to find out about your website and then crawl all the pages / posts / links in it. A sitemap helps the search engine to find out the links, internal links and the version of the link.
Why submit sitemap XML?
As I said above, a sitemap file is used by search engines like Google. When Google finds the links in the sitemap file, it visits the links in it. Google crawls the given page in the sitemap file. It reads your content and shows it to viewers on Google.
If you wrote a post “How to make tea at home”, Google will show your post to the audience who are searching “How to make tea at home”. So, submitting a sitemap brings huge amounts of organic traffic to your website.
So, you should submit a sitemap.xml file for your website.
How to submit for Blogger
As Google is the most used search engine, we are going to submit our sitemap.xml file to Google. So, we are going to use Google Search Console.
- Go to labnol.org
- Copy & paste your Blogger website address in the URL box
- Click on ” Generate sitemap.xml “
- Copy the code generated in the box
- Your code may be longer or shorter than this code ( depends on the number of posts )
- Go to your blogger dashboard
- Go to Settings >> Enable custom robots.txt
- Enable custom robots.txt using the toggle button ( if not already turned on )
- Click on ” Custom robots.txt “, paste the code that you have copied and save it.
- Go to Google Search Console and sign up.
- After signing up, you will be redirected to the dashboard
- Go to sitemaps on the left sidebar
- In the box showing “Add a new sitemap”, type “/sitemap.xml” and submit it
- After a few hours of processing, your Blogger website will start to rank on Google
- Make sure that the status of your sitemap is “Success” ( Can be found in Google Search Console )
Note: You need to submit a sitemap for every 500 posts posted on your Blogger Website. To be on the safe side and to get more traffic, you can submit it for every 100 posts.
How to get Google Adsense approval
Share with your friends 🙂